Gdb LD_LIBRARY_PATH Problem

Hi,

I have an qt application whichis linked against a home made .so file. While app runs perfectly in the shell, it is not possible to run it in gdb due to the error :

error while loading shared libraries: libDCcom.so

I have gone thru all the posts in the mailing lists and newsgroups and google, but I still don't have a solution.

When I do "set env LD_DEBUG=libs", I find something interesting. Gdb finds all libraries currently till the last one which is libDCcom.so.
When gdb starts looking for this, it notices that the application has RPATH ( which is correct ) , searches the RPATHS and can not find it there which is also correct since the .so is not there, it is in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

After looking for RPATH, gdb searches thru the LD_LIBRARY_PATH but !!!! this time the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is incorrect !!!! For all the searches before this shared object, the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH is used however for the last .so , the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is broken.

Can anybody give me a hint ?

Max.

Gdb : gdb-5.0-148
Suse 7.3, i386