Proposal for customization of output of "to_pid_to_str" op in remote.c.

HI all,
   This is a proposal to allow targets using the remote backend to
customize the output of "to_pid_to_str" operations.  The changes to
src/gdb/remote.c would be as follows:

/* Convert a thread ID to a string.  Returns the string in a static
   buffer.  */

static char *
remote_pid_to_str (ptid_t ptid)
{
  static char buf[30];

#ifndef REMOTE_PID_TO_STR
  sprintf (buf, "Thread %d", PIDGET (ptid));
#else
  REMOTE_PID_TO_STR(buf, ptid, 30);
#endif
  return buf;
}

In the target "tm-XXXX.h"

extern void my_target_pid_to_str(char *buf, ptid_t ptid, unsigned int buflength);
#define REMOTE_PID_TO_STR(buf, ptid, buflength) my_target_pid_to_str(buf, ptid, buflength)

In the target "target-tdep.c" file

void
my_target_pid_to_str(char *buf, ptid_t ptid, unsigned int buflength)
{
  /* sprintf some sensible string into the provided buffer */
  ..
  ..
  ..
}

Currently remote.c provides all the facilities for multithreaded
debugging except for a way to print a customized name for that thread.

Is this the proper forum to discuss this idea? Do I have to file a PR
and mark it as an enhancement request?

I'd like some feedback on this proposal. Is this going to screw up
multi arch support?

Regards
Nat