Re: mapping addresses

A week ago it looked like our kernel was heading off
into rather unexplored design space.  Since then we
have simplified things greatly.  We are now planning
a much more traditional scheme in which the kernel
executes in a single flat logical address space.

I am sure that gdb has been used to debug these sorts
of systems many times in the past.  Is there any kind
of support for logical versus physical addressing?
It's limited. The d10v talks physical addresses across the remote protocol while, internally, GDB still talks logical.

Look for ``translate'' in the d10v code.

Andrew