Re: readline 4.2 update

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 04:13:58PM -0400, Elena Zannoni wrote:
> David O'Brien writes:
>  > Its been _over_ am month now since your responce.  And 2 months since my
>  > request to do this, and over a year since you said you would import 4.2
>  > when you got "a spare moment".  Please either do it, or give me
>  > permission to do it.  FreeBSD needs this, SuSE needs this as we both link
>  > gdb with a system libreadline.
>  >
>  > -- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
>
> sorry. Gdb is supposed to branch on the 4th of September, how about
> right after that? Alternatively, would making a branch and importing
> readline there help?  Are you linking with 4.2 or 4.3?

FYI, the Debian package contains patches to use a system libreadline
4.3; I want to integrate them but I haven't been able to think of a
clean way to do it, so I'm just holding onto them.  Let me know if you
want a copy.

The nice thing is, 4.3 fixes longstanding problems with Home/End...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz