once again about GDB protocol

Hi,

It seems like any improvements in this area are impeded mostly by
'ooops we have a bad implmentation in the field which will broken by
this nice feature'.

Does it seem reasonable in this case to introduce a different framing
character (e.g. '@' instead of '$') for the next/improved version of
the protocol ?

So, we can have a new/shiny/fast/smart/functional protocol and when we are
connecting to an old stub we will simply use 'old-remote' target, it seems
a trivial feat to make both 'remote' and 'old-remote' target to bark a
meaningful meesage about protocol mismatch and about necessary actions to
be taken to correct it.

Thanks,

Aleksey