Re: Remote target behind console server

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a target sitting behind a console server. I can use any box to
> > telnet to the console server and access the console port of my target. This target
> > runs Linux kgdb stub on it. I have tested with serial cable, for my gdb host to
> > debug the kgdb target, everything is perfect. But in our situation, we must debug
> > our target remotely through console server.
> >
> > The question is whether it's feasible for gdb to remote debug this target through
> > console server, which is a telnet / serial converter?
>
> You mean an ``annex[tm]''?  Yes.  You'll likely need to tweak things so
> that  the terminal server automatically connects the GDB session through
> to the serial port.  There isn't an easy way, from GDB, to send terminal
> server commands.

You have to configure your terminal server appropriately (either enable
'raw' mode on the terminal server or disable 'X' command on the stub/gdb)
and this is basically it, people do it all the time.

If you are going to do 'load' over this connection big terminal server
buffers may screw it up.

> enjoy,
> Andrew

Thanks,