Re: GDB support for thread-local storage

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 01:18:29PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >>BTW, what happens if the target doesn't have execution (i.e. a corefile).
> >>

> >We fall down, just like we do debugging thread_db capable corefiles,
> >I'd imagine.  Thread_db does not like read-only targets very much.
>
> GDB on a threaded GNU/Linux target, again falls down, sigh!  We can
> hopefully have it working on other platforms.

I beg your pardon?  This is a thread_db limitation, not a GNU/Linux
limitation.  GNU/Linux copied the interface from Solaris and I believe
we use it on Solaris.  The effect there will be even more extreme than
on GNU/Linux.  <check> Yes, we do use it on Solaris.

If threaded corefiles work on Solaris I doubt it's by merit of
thread_db.