Re: How can I get the C function prototype from a SO(link by cc) on solaris using gdb?

>  (gdb 5.0 sparc solaris 8)
>
>  I have a library link by sun cc,this library is complied and link
>  with flag -g.
>
>  I try to find out the prototype of functions in this library,gdb output:
> (gdb) p GetDatVersion
>  $1 = {<text variable, no debug info>} 0xff273374 <GetDatVersion>
> (gdb) p GetDatVersion
> type = int ()
>
>  Does the library must complied by gcc?

I don't have a Sun CC license handy to verify this, but I remember that
Sun decided to put the debugging informatin outside of the object files.
IIRC, the magical switch is -xs (try compiling with '-g -xs'), otherwise
it should be in the cc manpage.

--
Joel