OS ABI issues on MIPS

I noticed two things about the OS ABI detection today; one is a nit, the
other isn't.  Both show up in this message (from a mips-elf/mips-sim
testsuite run, which requires the patch I'll post in a moment):

(gdb) file /opt/src/balm/obj-mips-elf/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/break
GDB doesn't recognize the OS ABI of the inferior.  Attempting to continue
with the default mips:3000 settingsReading symbols from
/opt/src/balm/obj-mips-elf/gdb/testsuite/gdb.base/break...done.

First of all, there's a missing newline, and a missing period.  Second of
all, every plain ELF binary is going to trigger this warning.  Is it really
necessary?