Is this information correct?

In the next release of libcwd (http://libcwd.sourceforge.net)
I will add the information below.

Because this will reach a few hunderd C++ developers, I wanted
to check with you if this information is correct in your eyes.
Any improvement is welcomed.

-------
A core dump produced by a kernel 2.4 does not
contain enough information for gdb to debug all
threads.  Only the core dumping thread is dumped
and the other threads continue to run for a while.
There exists a kernel patch written by Intel/IBM
that fixes this problem; please read
http://www.apachelabs.org/lkml/200203.mbox/%3c20020315170726.A3405@in.ibm.com%3e
or
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0203.1/0963.html

You are strongly advised to use gdb 5.2 for multithreaded
debugging; however, it may be possible that the released
gdb 5.2 is not capable of reading the debug information
that is used by gcc 3.1, I heard (libcwd needed to be fixed
too), the latest CVS version of gdb works though.

Be aware that gdb does hardly support namespaces and
will therefore frequently not find types or variables
in namespaces.  It doesn't look like that this will be
fixed very soon (2002-05-27).
--------

--
Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com>