GDB and mixed language programming problems

I am working on the project where I am mixing the portions of code
written with the Gardens Point Modula-2 and the C++. The code modules
are linked into the .so's. The problem is that when diving into the
library which was dynamically linked against the GPM M2 objects, GDB
does not show the source of that (topmost) procedure - only if this
procedure calls another procedure from the same object the source shows.

The debugging of the statically linked GPM M2 objects works fine.

I can imagine that this phenomena has something to do with the GPM's M2
compiler and not quite directly with the GDB - anyway any
suggestion/help will be highly appreciated !

System:

i386, SuSE 7.0 / kernel 2.2.16, gdb-5.1.0.1, gcc-2.95.2, GPM (Linux)
version of Thu Oct 10 05:20:12 1996

Iztok