This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Release schedule
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: ac131313 at redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:31:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Release schedule
- References: <200204301624.g3UGOCp24280@duracef.shout.net>
> Which branches are CURRENT and NEXT coming from?
> Is CURRENT going to be gdb 5.2.1 from gdb_5_2-branch,
> with NEXT coming from the trunk?
> I'm trying to get a feel for how active the 5.2 branch will be.
My expectation is:
- 5.2.1 from 5.2 branch in ~1-2 months
- ``current'' would be the 5.3 branch, ~4 months
- ``next'' would be the 5.4/6.0 branch, ~8 months
> Warning: Sun Jul 14 (2002-07-14-gmt) Sun Nov 10 (2002-11-10-gmt)
> Branch: Sun Jul 28 (2002-07-28-gmt) Sun Nov 24 (2002-11-24-gmt)
> Release: Sun Sep 1 (2002-09-01-gmt) Sun Dec 29 (2002-12-29-gmt)
> reSpin: Sun Oct 6 (2002-10-06-gmt) Sun Feb 2 (2003-02-02-gmt)
However, given GDB has actually managed two releases in 6 months and a
recent thread on this list suggests GCC is considering slowing down to 8
month schedules, now is proably the time to ``re-negotiate'' GDB's