This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:15:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: BITS_BIG_ENDIAN
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Nobody overrides this anymore, so would it be ok to delete
> the "#if !defined(BITS_BIG_ENDIAN)" test in gdb/defs.h
> and update the documentation not to mention it as a target
> macro anymore?
> If someone new port in the future needs to specify this again
> we can add it back in, and cleanly using multi-arch instead of
> the macro.
Hmm, looking at the code, and thinking about PPC vs MIPS, I think the
lack of a definition of this macro is an indication of a number of bugs
in GDB and not the lack of need of the macro, sigh.