This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
arm gdbserver and shared object function resolution
- From: "Kevin \"Squail\" Endres" <kevine at wildseed dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:08:08 -0700
- Subject: arm gdbserver and shared object function resolution
I am using gdbserver from current cvs hosted and targeted for arm along with
gdb-5.1.1 hosted on i386 and target for arm.
I am trying to set a breakpoint on a function inside a .so - i am doing the
assume exec foo with function in shared object test
target: running foo under gdbserver
1) open foo under cross gdb
2) target remote
3) set break point at main
5) attempt to set breakpoint in function in .so
cant resolve symbols!! (NOTE: host .so has symbols)
Further: if i use targer native gdb - set a breakpoint at main - run - then
set a break at function everything works as expected.
Any info on why the above scenario is failing would be much appreciated!