This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Adding dwarf2 regnum mapping
- From: Michal Ludvig <mludvig at suse dot cz>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:57:49 +0200
- Subject: Adding dwarf2 regnum mapping
- Organization: SuSE CR
I'm adding x86_64_dwarf2_reg_to_regno() function but don't know how to
let gdb know it's there. I got inspired by i386 and put
#define DWARF2_REG_TO_REGNUM(reg) x86_64_dwarf2_reg_to_regnum ((reg))
into nm-x86-64.h. Unfortunately then the compilation fails with:
gdbarch.h:664:2: #error "Non multi-arch definition of DWARF2_REG_TO_REGNUM"
If I don't put this define into nm.h, the new function isn't used at
all. Can someone please tell me how do I tell gdb about this function
while retaining the target multiarch_pure? If I change the target to
multiarch_partial, everything works just fine, but I don't think it's
the right way to go.
Thanks in advance.
* SuSE CR, s.r.o * email@example.com
* +420 2 9654 5373 * http://www.suse.cz