This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbarch_init called for core files, too?
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:35:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: gdbarch_init called for core files, too?
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- References: <20020425002919.H26223@dr-evil.shagadelic.org> <3CC837CE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 01:07:26PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> There may not necessarily be a program corresponding to the core file:
> gdb --core core.
Sure, but it doesn't make any sense to do this if there *is* a program
corresponding to the core file.
> > ...or should I make the code that looks for ABI tags in note sections to
> > also look for "NetBSD-CORE" notes, too?
> Sounds right. I'd check with michael snyder though.
I looked into this, and I'm not particularly pleased with it as a solution.
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>