This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Questions about GDB-MI Interface
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: chanskw at ca dot ibm dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:03:51 +0300 (IDT)
- Subject: Re: Questions about GDB-MI Interface
On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> It was added with much hesitation because there was real concern that
> once a vaguely looking console mechanism was added, people would try to
> use it instead of investing the time and resources needed to address the
> problem of implementing a real console interface.
What was envisioned as a solution for the problem at hand, namely, that
any decent front-end to GDB must allow the user to type CLI commands?