This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
gdbarch_init called for core files, too?
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:29:19 -0700
- Subject: gdbarch_init called for core files, too?
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
So, I'm seeing alpha_gdbarch_init() called twice if I do:
gdb foo foo.core
...the first time, alpha_abi is correctly set to ALPHA_ABI_NETBSD, but
the second time it gets ALPHA_ABI_UNKNOWN. This means that the wrong
target-dependent info is being used while debugging the core file.
This behavior is ... counter-intuitive. Why is gdbarch_init being called
for the core file? Should't it be sufficient to initialize it based on
the program corresponding to the core file?
...or should I make the code that looks for ABI tags in note sections to
also look for "NetBSD-CORE" notes, too?
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>