This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Questions about GDB-MI Interface
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: chanskw at ca dot ibm dot com
- Cc: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:54:02 +0300 (IDT)
- Subject: Re: Questions about GDB-MI Interface
On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 email@example.com wrote:
> in mi/mi-main.c, where the CLI command forwarding is done, that says
> /* A CLI command was read from the input stream */
> /* This will be removed as soon as we have a complete set of
> mi commands */
> Before we decide to go down the path of switching to MI, we need to confirm
> that CLI-in-MI capability will continue to be available for us to provide a
> console window for our users.
I second that. If this is removed, I think GDB/MI should introduce an
alternative feature with equivalent functionality, like some special
command that will allow a CLI command to be fed to MI.