This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB plugin proposal
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Scott Moser <ssmoser at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>, <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 14:28:00 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: GDB plugin proposal
> My feeling is that this is really comparable to the linux kernel. I
> was under the impression that RMS had made comments that the binary only
> kernel modules wouldn't be legal, except that Linus explicitly allowed
RMS's viewpoint isn't legally relevant. He may be right. He may be wrong.
He claims he's right, but that doesn't make it so.
He'd *like* to be right, but that also doesn't make it so.
Certainly, anything related to law that RMS spouts should be taken with a
*large* grain of salt.
> (I'm sure there are lawyers that get good laughs out of
> discussions like this, similar to me laughing at IP lawyers attempts to
> understand coding )
Watch out, some of us soon-to-be IP lawyers are coders as well.