This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Remote debugging of multithreaded programs using gdbserver
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Subhashini Nagarajan Rao <subhashini dot nagarajan at wipro dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:45:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: Remote debugging of multithreaded programs using gdbserver
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 12:12:12PM +0530, Subhashini Nagarajan Rao wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> As you stated I was able to reproduce it with the pthreads.c program and with backing
> off of breakpoints the bogus SIGTRAP doesnt come. If you dont mind could you please
> tell me what 'SMP' stands for in your mail.
SMP is Symmetric Multi-Processing. If you aren't testing multithreaded
programs on a machine with more than one physical processor, you won't
see entire classes of bugs.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer