This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
"Dynamic sigtramp" in Alpha target code
- From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej at wasabisystems dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:12:40 -0700
- Subject: "Dynamic sigtramp" in Alpha target code
- Organization: Wasabi Systems, Inc.
- Reply-to: thorpej at wasabisystems dot com
The Alpha target code refers to "dynamically generated sigtramp function".
What exactly is meant by that? My guess is "signal trampoline code that
is copied to top of user stack by kernel when process exec's", i.e. the
traditional Unix-style signal trampoline. (In constrast to OSF/1, which
uses a signal trampoline provided by libc.)
Is this a good guess?
-- Jason R. Thorpe <email@example.com>