This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Output of CLI commands under --interpreter=mi
- From: "Eli Zaretskii" <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: nick at nick dot uklinux dot net, rms at gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 09:52:52 +0300
- Subject: Output of CLI commands under --interpreter=mi
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
Nick Roberts is working on changing gud.el in Emacs to use the GDB/MI
interface instead of the current --fullname option. I think it's a
terrific move, but there's a snag which I believe should be hit by
almost any front end to GDB: the MI output format.
The problem is that a front end, certainly the GUD, should be able to
let the user type the normal CLI commands as well. GDB/MI does
accept CLI input (and should continue doing so), but the output is
always in MI format, which is unpalatable to humans.
Is it possible to change GDB/MI so that CLI commands get responded with
the CLI-style output, while MI commands get the MI style output?