This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: arm-tdep.h:#define FP_REGISTER_VIRTUAL_SIZE 8?
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:59:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: arm-tdep.h:#define FP_REGISTER_VIRTUAL_SIZE 8?
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> Another think-o? The arm (according to FP_REGISTER_RAW_SIZE) has 12
> byte registers. Their type is builtin_type_arm_ext and that ``virtual
> type'' has a size of 12 bytes.
> I suspect this is another hang-over from when Arm was converting RAW FP
> registers (badly) into host FP values. Hmm, if that macro goes, it
> looks like all the ..._size() functions can be reduced to:
> (Back to looking at Arm's ON_STACK).
Not sure. It's more of the complete mess that is the FPA. The world
would be all so much easier if I could just rip out FPA support