This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Lifetime of local variables
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Martin Baulig <martin at gnome dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 16 Apr 2002 08:56:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Lifetime of local variables
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 16:19, Martin Baulig wrote:
> I was recently working a bit on debugging support for C# (using Mono)
> and I need a way to tell GDB about the lifetime of local variables. In
> C#, the JIT engine may decide to store two different variables at the
> same stack offset if they aren't used throughout the whole function.
> Now I was wondering how to do this - DWARF 2 already has a
> `DW_AT_begin_scope' but unfortunately no `DW_AT_end_scope' - can we
> add this or something similar as a GNU extension ?
Just use DWARF2 location lists to describe where the variables are.