Emacs mode for gdb using GDB/MI

Hello,

I would like to write a mode for Emacs that allows it to act as a GUI for gdb
using GDB/MI. Some members from emacs-devel@gnu.org have already expressed an
interest in this idea.

I have started the project by merging gbda.el from gdb 5.0 with gud.el from
GNU Emacs 21.1.1. I realise that gbda.el uses annotations
(or `gdb -annotate=2') and these have now been deprecated for GDB/MI. However,
it has some excellent features that are not in gud.el and it is a step nearer
GDB/MI than gud.el, which just uses `gdb -fullname' (or `gdb -annotate=1').

So far, I have added toolbar support, breakpoint icons, fixed a few bugs and
added a few of my own functions. At the moment, it still uses annotations.

I would like to hear from anybody who is interested in this project or was
involved in writing gdba.el

Nick Roberts