Re: Why autoconf 2.13?

DJ> We don't automatically start using newer support tools just
DJ> because they've been released.  We need a compelling reason to
DJ> force all the users to upgrade their machines, and we haven't seen
DJ> one yet.

Doing it will let us use a newer automake, which in turn will let us
remove a bunch of hacks from various Makefile.am's.  Also it will mean
that libgcj won't need to continue using its own hacked automake.  The
big problem is just that nobody with the expertise has the time (or
maybe interest :-).

Tom