This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 5.2 vs. Ada (and probably other unknown languages)
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:05:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: GDB 5.2 vs. Ada (and probably other unknown languages)
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
Florian Weimer wrote:
> It seems that GDB (starting with 5.1.1 or so) can no longer debug
> programs written in languages unknown to it. With previous GDB
> versions, you could at least set breakpoints, get backtraces, and
> examine most variables, although you had to take name mangling into
> For example, if I try to set a breakpoint in an Ada program, I just
> get the error message "internal error - unimplemented function
> unk_lang_create_fundamental_type called."
That's bad. GDB should not refuse to debug a source file just because
it doesn't know the language.