Strange segfaults of gdb

Hi all,
I've spent several days with chasing gdb segfaults on x86-64 but had no
luck. So I'm finally asking here for any suggestions, opinions, hints,
just anything that could move me forward.
The problem is, that when I print anything using a 'print' command, or
info or maybe some others, and then want to run or step the debugged
program, the gdb segfaults:

# ./gdb ~/mludvig/tst/xmmtest
GNU gdb 2002-04-04-cvs
[...]
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"...
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
.gdbinit:3: Error in sourced command file:
Function "internal_error" not defined.
(gdb) br 10
Breakpoint 1 at 0x4004d8: file xmmtest.c, line 10.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /root/mludvig/tst/xmmtest

Breakpoint 1, main () at xmmtest.c:10
10              printf("v1=%f, v2=%f, v3=%e\n", v1, v2, v3);
(gdb) p 1
$1 = 1
(gdb) c
Continuing.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

It doesn't matter which program I run, what I want to print and if I
then want invoke 'run', 'continue' or even 'si'. It segfaults. Core file
doesn't give any reasonable informations.
This segfault also happens when I leave 'set complaints 1' in .gdbinit
in sourcedir, run gdb from there and then try to run a debugged program.
  Unfortunately it is perfectly reproductable :-(

Does anybody have an idea how print, set and step can be related?
I really don't know...

Thanks for any ideas

Michal Ludvig
--