This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Why autoconf 2.13?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: fnf at ninemoons dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:41:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Why autoconf 2.13?
- References: <200204110039.g3B0dCT03033@fred.ninemoons.com>
On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 05:39:12PM -0700, Fred Fish wrote:
> Is there some reason that gdb is using a 3 year old version of
> autoconf instead of the latest official FSF release (2.53 I think)?
Because all the rest of sourceware is. Every so often there are noises
made about moving forward, but 2.53 and 2.13 aren't even mostly
compatible in practice.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer