Re: add-symbol-file change in gdb 5.1

Kevin,
you can supply any section and any address explicitly with the
new form of the command, i.e.:
USAGE: add-symbol-file <filename> <textaddress> [-mapped] [-readnow] [-s <secname> <addr>

You could do:
add-symbol-file foo 0x123456 -s .data 0x123456 -s .bss 0x123456

The syntax of the command was changed to accomodate cases for which
different sections are relocated by different quantities.

Hope this helps

Elena