This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: think-o: dwarf2 CFA != frame->frame (x86-64)
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:32:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: think-o: dwarf2 CFA != frame->frame (x86-64)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> Sorry, this is incorrect.
> When debug_frame info is present, it is the *only* way used to
> retrieve register values.
> There is no mixture of methods.
> Even in my case, either the executable contains .debug_frame info, and we
> use it for *all* cases, or it doesn't, and we use it for *no* cases.
> There is no mixture.
> There will never be a mixture of methods (unless you do something illegal,
> like attempt to use the .eh_frame section, which contains stack unwinding
> only for routines throwing exceptions)
Please re-read what I wrote.