This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: think-o: dwarf2 CFA != frame->frame (x86-64)
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 12:12:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: think-o: dwarf2 CFA != frame->frame (x86-64)
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
> It might just be misnamed.
No. DW_OP_fbreg refers explicitly to DW_AT_frame_base. CFA is a
concept local to the CFI. They would typically evaluate to the same
> I've converted rs6000 to use the dwarf2 cfa info (It's a little hairier,
> since on x86-64, you *always* have the info, it's part of the ABI), and it
> works just fine, even on optimized code. This is with the fallback to
> normal methods in case the info isn't in the executable, disabled, so i'd
> get errors if it wasn't using *only* the dwarf2 info.