This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [ADMINISTRIVIA] "gdb-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com" gatewayed to "bug-gdb at gnu dot org"
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 13:51:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ADMINISTRIVIA] "gdb-bugs at sources dot redhat dot com" gatewayed to "bug-gdb at gnu dot org"
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
> In a word. Bliss!
> > I've recently gatewayed the apparently defunct gdb-bugs mailing list on
> > sourceware to bug-gdb at gnu.
> > This means that messages to gdb-bugs will go to bug-gdb and vice versa.
> > One notable exception is that most spam sent to bug-gdb won't make it to
> > gdb-bugs thanks to the spam blocking software running on
> > sources.redhat.com.
> > That's my primary motivation for effecting this gateway. As I was in
> > the process of typing this message, sourceware blocked four pieces of
> > spam from bug-gdb. So, I guess that part works.
> > This has been in operation for a while now so I think it is safe to
> > conclude that it is working. Feel free to subscribe by sending email to
> > gdb-bugs-subscribe at sources dot redhat dot com
But doesn't this mean that everything we now post to gdb-bugs will get
splatted onto usenet, where all those spam-bots will start garnering email