This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: C++ nested classes, namespaces, structs, and compound statements
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at ACT-Europe dot FR>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com,Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>, Daniel Berlin <dan at dberlin dot org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:59:37 +0200
- Subject: Re: C++ nested classes, namespaces, structs, and compound statements
- References: <20020406044204.245E45EA11@zwingli.cygnus.com> <3CAF06B6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'm very interested in hearing about what ACT did for Ada. As far as I
> know Ada, with its packages et.al. has a very similar problem and,
> potentially, working code.
One thing we do is to use a precisely defined encoding that allows us to
retrieve this information from the name. For instance, for type T in
package Pck, the type name will be encoded into pck__t. The
specifications are available in exp_dbug.ads, which is part of the GNAT