This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: C++ nested classes, namespaces, structs, and compound statements
- From: Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>
- To: Jim Blandy <jimb at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 08:50:27 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++ nested classes, namespaces, structs, and compound statements
- References: <20020406044204.245E45EA11@zwingli.cygnus.com>
Nothing much to add, except that namespace support is even
more critical for Java, in which *all* code uses namespaces
(aka "packages"). We kludge around it, by treating a compound
name like 'java.lang.Object' as a single name, but this doesn't
work all that well, especially with mixed Java/C++ code. And
the primitive methods in Gcj are written in C++.
Fixing this mess is perhaps the most critical issue in terms
of improving Java support in gdb.
Java also has nested ("inner") classes.