This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB 5.2 vs. Ada (and probably other unknown languages)
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:18:39 +0200
- Subject: Re: GDB 5.2 vs. Ada (and probably other unknown languages)
- References: <email@example.com> <3CAB3231.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Cagney <email@example.com> writes:
>> Is there a workaround? Even if full Ada support is not available,
>> getting backtraces would be helpful in some cases.
> Definitly sounds like a new (and unknown) regression :-(
> Can you create a bug report to track this
> For a workaround, what happens if you enter ``set language c''?
The problem persits. It seems to be related to DWARF2. If I compile
using "-gstabs", GDB 5.1.1 works fine.
> There is also a source code dropping of ACT's Ada support in:
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gdb/contrib/gnat/ you may find the
> relevant change in there.
Aidan Skinner's patch based on this appears to help, too.