This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB Cross compiling Error !
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: nagaraja <nagaraja at ncoretech dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:57:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: GDB Cross compiling Error !
- References: <3CAC311F.A7B7566C@ncoretech.com>
> I downloaded and unpacked gdb-5.1 and switched to gdb-5.1 derectory and
> set the
> compiler to arm-linux-gcc( export CC=arm-linux-gcc) and entered
> ./configure, at command line,when
> configuration was in progress i got error: Which I found a common error
> in building gdb
Hmm, I'm not sure what you're trying to build. If it is a cross
debugger than configure with something like:
If it is a cross compile, then something like:
..../configure --target=arm-linux --host=arm-linux --build=`.../config.sub`
> Configure: error: Could not find a term library.
> To solve this probelm i tried to install the corresponding rpms like :
> libtercap*.rpm,libterm-devel*.rpm , ncurses*.rpm and
> ncurss-devel*.rpm.But found which are already installed.
> Can any one tell me how do I go about it,
> I am using i586 wiht RH7.1