This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Documenting platform-specific problems
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: kettenis at gnu dot org
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:40:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: Documenting platform-specific problems
- References: <200204011127.g31BREP03441@elgar.kettenis.dyndns.org>
> Since we now run gdb.base/attach.exp on every platform, I discovered a
> bug in FreeBSD that prevents us from successfully detaching from an
> attached process. There seems to be no way around this problem, and
> I'm not really willing to disable attach/detach on FreeBSD since
> attaching works fine and still is a useful feature. However, I'd like
> to document this limitation somewhere. Can I stick something in
> PROBLEMS, like in the attached patch, or is there a better location?
Hmm, I was thinking of a summary of the issue in PROBLEMS and a
reference to the bug report (PR gdb/NNNN) that contained the patch.
But: I don't know how ok it is for PROBLEMS to refer to stuff only
accessable via the web. Hmm, this is PRMS, anyone remember how to query
the DB via e-mail?
> The attached patch documents this for GDB 5.2, but this has been
> broken forever. Looks kind of funny but I can't think of a better