This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Can't attach to child using gdb-5.1.1 on Linux
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: jlm at compgen dot com
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:26:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: Can't attach to child using gdb-5.1.1 on Linux
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I have a process that forks a child. If I try to attach to the
> child it reads the symbols and shows an accurate stack trace, but when
> I set a breakpoint and try to continue I get the following:
> (gdb) c
> lin-lwp.c:1003: gdb-internal-error: lin_lwp_wait: Assertion `WIFSTOPPED (status) && WSTOPSIG (status) == SIGSTOP' failed.
> An internal GDB error was detected. This may make further
> debugging unreliable. Continue this debugging session? (y or n) n
> Create a core file containing the current state of GDB? (y or n) n
> Inferior GDB exited abnormally with code 1
> I answered yes to the above also, but it did not improve the situation. Has
> anybody seen this behvior before. I am using gcc-2.95.3 for compilation.
(not sure if someone has responded to this)
The first thing to do is get a more recent GDB from:
many problems have been fixed and if this problem still occures things
have been narrowed down a bit.