This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: bitrot in buildsym.c:start_subfile
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at cygnus dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:51:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: bitrot in buildsym.c:start_subfile
- References: <200204040558.VAA14915@casey.transmeta.com>
> In buildsym.c there's this:
> /* Start recording information about source code that came from an
> included (or otherwise merged-in) source file with a different
> name. NAME is the name of the file (cannot be NULL), DIRNAME is
> the directory in which it resides (or NULL if not known). */
> start_subfile (char *name, char *dirname)
> `name' cannot be NULL.
> However, there's this:
> subfile->name = (name == NULL) ? NULL : savestring (name, strlen (name));
> and this:
> if (subfile->name)
> Am I missing something?
Doesn't look like it. Guess the comment is wrong. Any hints from the
To figure out the full history will mean grubbing around in the old
cygnus repository. It might be easier to track that with a bug report.