This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: utils/msdos, go32 status?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: neroden at doctormoo dot dyndns dot org
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 23:23:52 -0500
- Subject: Re: utils/msdos, go32 status?
- References: <20020403213107.GA12887@doctormoo.dyndns.org>
> I have been told that the utils/msdos subdirectory is obselete. I want
> to verify this before autoconfiscating utils.
It is obsolete, and has been for about five years. You may assume it
doesn't exist. I don't even know why we're storing AMD's proprietary
> Currently, utils/msdos is enabled if (and only if) either the host
> or the target is *-*-go32. I have no idea what go32 is, but someone
> who does might be able to verify either that it is obselete, or that it
> no longer needs utils/msdos.
go32 means "DJGPP Version 1", which was superceded by V2 in 1996. V2
is called i586-pc-msdosdjgpp, but is incompatible with the modules in
utils/msdos. See http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/