Where to put gdb/gdbserver-shared code?

There was some discussion a month or so about sharing signals.c between gdb
and gdbserver.

This comes up fairly often; we never quite decided how to treat it.  Kevin
seemed to be of the school that says there should be no code sharing, and
Andrew leant the other way (as I remember - apologies for
misrepresentation!).  I dislike it in general, and having just eliminated
every last bit of it I'm reluctant to introduce more, but signals.c is a
good candidate if ever there was one.

Ignoring that for the moment though, if we are going to share it, where
should we keep it?  We could keep it in a directory clearly describing its
role ("native" or "utils") or clearly describing its status as shared ("common").
I don't want to leave it where it is if it's going to be shared.

Since I don't see the transition to lots and lots of common, shareable code
with well-defined boundaries in our near future, I lean towards "common".
Longer term, I'd prefer something like "native/utils/" and a well-described
allowable interface for code in that directory; I don't know how practical
that is yet.

Thoughts?  Preferences?