This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: How to compile GDB 5.1.1 in Mingw32 with MSYS?
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at is dot elta dot co dot il>
- To: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, hongli at telekabel dot nl
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:10:16 +0200 (IST)
- Subject: Re: How to compile GDB 5.1.1 in Mingw32 with MSYS?
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I don't think we want to advertise the port. It didn't sound like it
> was anywhere close to a clean port and there were some problems.
I don't see any reason not to mention it. It's not like all the other
configurations are bug-free, or even ``clean'', for that matter ;-)
> Do we want to include pointers to binaries on other sites in the README
> or PROBLEMS? I don't think we want to go down that path.
Why not? It's a valuable service to the users, I think.
Note that I'm only talking about the Windows platform, where building GDB
might be a non-trivial job. A sentence saying go find the Cygwin binary,
even if you want to debug non-Cygwin applications, could save the day for
> I guess we could add a line that says that gdb doesn't build under