This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:28:25 +0000
- Subject: testsuite problems
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-to: Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com
I'm currently seeing the following when running the testsuite.
failed to get controlling terminal using TIOCSCTTYparent: sync byte write:
However, it only occurs if I'm running the whole suite. If I just run
corefile.exp it completes ok.
I seem to remember something like this once before (on another testsuite);
IIRC it occurs when a connection to a child isn't shut down cleanly after
a test (normally because the test failed in some way); the controlling pty
isn't released cleanly and we then eventually run out of ptys. Could this
be the problem here? -- certainly I'm seeing rather a large number of
failures at the moment, since I'm in the middle of trying to raise the ARM
code to multi-arch 1.