Debugging threaded console-based program

Hello,
	I'm trying to use gdb to find out more about a program whose
source I don't have (and I have no way of getting).  The program is
multi-threaded which causes problems for me if I run it in one terminal
and use gdb in another terminal to attach to it.  This means that I want
to start the program from inside gdb.
Unfortunately since the program is console-based it is very difficult to
see what's going on with the program's and gdb's output going to the same
terminal.  Could anyone suggest a way around this?

Thanks in advance,
		Bill.