This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB scope does not work quite right for Pascal
- From: levi at localhost dot nc3a dot nato dot int
- To: levi at localhost dot nc3a dot nato dot int
- Cc: Pierre Muller <muller at cerbere dot u-strasbg dot fr>,adam dot oldham at marconi dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, core at freepascal dot org,gpc at gnu dot de
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:07:40 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB scope does not work quite right for Pascal
- Mail-from: gpc-owner+M412@gnu.de Sun Oct 14 15:28:25 2001
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3BC720FC.email@example.com>
On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 06:57:32PM +0200, Maurice Lombardi wrote:
> > There are several remarks to that bug report:
> > 1) I don't know at all how nested functions work in C
> >Are they allowed?
> AKAIK no, they are not allowed, and this is the root of the problem,
> since gdb is written mainly by/for C programmers.
They aren't allowed by standard C. GCC does in fact allow them,
although their use isn't recommended. I think GDB's support for them
is somewhat crusty.
Daniel Jacobowitz Carnegie Mellon University
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer