Re: Bingo!!!

> Ok...call me dumb...here's what happened.
>
> I once tried to download the SRPM for gdb 5.1 from Mandrake but the link was bad.  So I ended up downloading SRPM for gdb 5.1.1 from gdb homepage and was using the generic one but still had it in my mind that I was using the Mandrake's one.
>
> I finally got to download the SRPM from Mandrake and it all ./configured fine!  I am building it right now---hope it goes well.
>
> So bottom line:  The generic source RPM from gdb's homepage does not work on Mandrake 8.1.  The SRPM from Mandrake does!

GDB's home page (http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/) doesn't contain a
source RPM.  It does refer to tarballs.  Did you mean that?

Something helpful would be to send an e-mail to the Mandrake maintainers
asking why this is so.  Sounds very like they have local changes and GDB
would really like to get them integrated back.

Andrew