Re: A copy/save command ...

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 04:02:37AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

>> better suggestions welcome.
>

> Perhaps not the best name - we want to be able to both read and write,
> and it's not clear which way copy goes.  I don't want to end up doing
> magic thinking that ``this looks like an address, not a filename'' to
> figure that out.

Lets be honest, ``copy'' is a really bad name.  For all those reasons
and probably more :-)

> Perhaps read/write?  But that's still not clear which way is which.
> load/store would be perfect but load is already used.

store is interesting.  Perhaps Michael's ``gcore'' command be called
store?  Probably not since it is createing a core file and not an
executable.  However as an alias it might make sense.

read/write are also interesting.  Good documentation and a help message
should clarify the direction.  With read, care would be needed since
``r'' is short for ``run''.

Andrew