Re: exit status of 'make check'

> That pretty much means that it did.  You can grep for ^FAIL: to see how
> many there are.  I'm hoping to see the GDB testsuite pass entirely for
> some target, someday...

Greetings,

Even if all the testsuites have a FAILed status, 'make check' should not
return a non-zero exit code unless there is a failure in the 'make check'
programs. The programs that comprise 'make check' should succeed.

For example, if the "gdb.base/annota1.exp: breakpoint info" testsuite fails,
it is a failure of that testsuite, not 'make check'.  Not finding 'runtest'
would be an example of a failure in 'make check', that should return a
non-zero exit code.

Currently 'make check' always returns a non-zero exit code indicating the
testsuite results are unreliable due to a failure in 'make check'.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Best Regards,

--George